Monday 26 May 2008

They do things differently here...

As part of the process of ´becoming Spanish´, I am at present going through the complicated process of importing the British car that we brought with us. Part of that process involves an inspection by ITV (the equivalent of MOT except that testing is not entrusted to private workshops, but is carried out at government operated centres around the country, in order to discourage the doing of favours for friends), which took place last week. Unfortunately, two separate problems were pointed out to me: tyres with the incorrect rating for the vehicle and wear to the brake discs. So when I went to the office at the end of the inspection to await the paperwork, I was surprised to find that the car had been passed and I am now the proud owner of a windscreen sticker which tells me the next test is not due until May 2010.

No comments: